Entry Level Fleet Mechanic
Dover, OH 44622
An exciting opportunity awaits you within Kimble Company’s Fleet Maintenance Division. Opportunities to join a 70-year family-owned and team-oriented company don’t come along every day. Kimble maintenance technician team members work together to keep Kimble vehicles on the road to reliability in servicing refuse, recycling, oil & gas, aggregate transport, and many other Kimble services. Kimble technicians are knowledgeable in all aspects of gas and diesel vehicles. From electrical to hydraulics to mechanical… Kimble technicians cover all the bases!
**NEW $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFED MECHANICS**
This mechanic position comes in with very little to no experience. A person in this position would be considered entry level and would require constant supervision. They would primarily work on preventative maintenance and be constantly training on all other systems to reach the next level mechanic.
· Entry level mechanic requiring constant supervision.
· Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
· Mechanical knowledge, education, or mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to safely drive service vehicle and vehicles in and out of service area.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, & background check.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
· Basic safety concerns and ability to learn safety working in a shop environment and around different types of tools and equipment.
· Some mechanical knowledge, mechanical aptitude or education helpful.
Willingness to learn basic mechanical knowledge of:
· Air Brakes
· Steering and Suspension
· Hydraulic Systems
· Drive Train Components
· Electrical Systems
· How to preform preventative maintenance
· How to mount and dismount tires
· DOT rule and regulations.
Mechanic Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform repair and assignments primarily to preventative maintenance services.
· Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
· Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program.
· Assist senior mechanics or supervisors in the completion of project work.
· Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
· Demonstrates a good work ethic and attitude.
· Accurately and timely completes all paperwork.
· Regular attendance consistent with the Company Attendance Policy.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
· Medical, dental, and vision
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Company matched 401k
· Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
· Up to 6 PTO Days
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Company Paid Uniform
· Paid Orientation and Training
· Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Apply online or at any location today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.