Experienced Diesel Technician
Twinsburg, OH 44087
An exciting opportunity awaits you within Kimble Company’s Fleet Maintenance Division. Opportunities to join a 70-year family-owned and team-oriented company don’t come along every day. Kimble maintenance technician team members work together to keep Kimble vehicles on the road to reliability in servicing refuse, recycling, oil & gas, aggregate transport, and many other Kimble services. Kimble technicians are knowledgeable in all aspects of gas and diesel vehicles. From electrical to hydraulics to mechanical… Kimble technicians cover all the bases!
*$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED MECHANICS*
The experienced diesel mechanic will primarily work on large repairs while mentoring less advanced mechanics. A person in this position must have extensive knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
· Experience working with diesel and/or CNG fueled equipment
· Knowledge of working safely in a shop environment and around different types of tools and equipment.
· Ability to read and understand repair manuals, wiring diagrams, and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair vehicle or component failure.
· Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to safely drive service vehicles in and out of service area.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, & background check.
Advanced Mechanical Knowledge and Skills of:
· Air Brakes
· Steering and Suspension
· Hydraulic Systems
· Drive Train Components
· Electrical Systems
· DOT rule and regulations.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform repair and maintenance to fleet vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
· Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on company vehicles and equipment.
· Utilizes the vehicle computer electronics system to interpret failure modes and initiate and/or assign repairs.
· Performs all work within Standard Repair Times and report any deviations to Supervisor.
· Completes day to day tasks under limited supervision
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Company matched 401k
· Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
· Up to 6 PTO Days
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Company Paid Uniform
· Boot Allowance
· Paid Orientation and Training
· Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Apply online or at any location today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.