Lead Mechanic- 3rd Shift
Canton, OH 44706
An exciting opportunity awaits you within Kimble Company’s Fleet Maintenance Division. Opportunities to join a 70-year family-owned and team-oriented company don’t come along every day. Kimble maintenance technician team members work together to keep Kimble vehicles on the road to reliability in servicing refuse, recycling, oil & gas, aggregate transport, and many other Kimble services. Kimble technicians are knowledgeable in all aspects of gas and diesel vehicles. From electrical to hydraulics to mechanical… Kimble technicians cover all the bases!
**NEW $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFED MECHANICS**
The lead technician comes in with knowledge of the position and could be either an A or B level mechanic. This position would be considered an experienced technician and would require limited supervision and primarily work on small repairs being completed properly and efficiently while adding to skill set. This position is constantly training on all other systems in order to reach A level mechanic. In order to advance to the next level, they must have knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
This position is Third Shift: 9pm-7:30am
- High school diploma of GED, mechanical schooling preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- A or B level mechanic
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Previous work experience with intermediate knowledge of gasoline and/or Diesel engines, transmissions, air brakes, hydraulics, drive trains, and electrical systems
- Knowledge of working safely in a shop environment and around different types of tools and equipment
Advanced Mechanical Knowledge and Skills required:
- Ability to understand the workflow and disperse the daily job duties to other technicians.
- Possess leadership qualities and is able to lead by example.
- Air brakes
- Steering and Suspension
- Hydraulic Systems
- Drive Train components
- Electrical Systems
- ASE certification in Brakes preferred
- All basic hand and air tools up to 1/2" drive
- Welding skills preferred
Lead Mechanic Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspensions, brake and air system on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Preforms all work within Standard Repair Times and if there are deviations of the times report to shift supervisor.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair time.
- Assists senior mechanics or supervisors in the completion with Company and OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety practices.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- Up to 6 PTO Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Apply online or at any location today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.