Onboard Computer Systems Technician
Dover, OH 44622
The Onboard Computer Systems Technician position is responsible for installing and maintaining the onboard computer and GPS tracking systems on all company vehicles.
This position will be Night Shift.
· Ability to competently utilize a computer and use it effectively
· Basic 12V electrical Wiring Skills
· Valid driver’s license ability to be insured under our Company insurance.
· Must successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Knowledge and Skills:
· 12V electrical Wiring Skills 1+ years (preferred)
· Camera and Cabling skills
· Familiar in the use of hand tools
· Attention to details. Avoid drilling through cables and lines, neatly finish cable runs. Securely attach equipment.
· Mechanically inclined
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Vehicle Cameras
Technicians need the ability to distinguish wire colors, excellent technical skills and the ability to reason through problems when troubleshooting issues. Technicians have frequent contact with drivers, so they need good interpersonal skills. They also need to record time and parts used accurately for tracking parts and billing. Many of the tasks required of technicians involve small parts, so manual dexterity is necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Ability to run cables, install equipment and connect receivers
· Install Camera’s in trucks and test for good picture quality
· Respond to maintenance request in a timely manner
· Troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment and implement repairs on equipment site or in the shop
· Understand the operations and functions of Camera Systems
· Follow documented procedures to activate or update onboard system
· Accurately complete paperwork detailing work performed
· Performing related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Technicians perform their duties indoors and outdoors, installing or troubleshooting equipment located at the Divisions. They have to inspect internal wiring, make adjustments to the equipment to enhance reception, or replace equipment that is outdated or malfunctioning. Once an installation is complete, techs test the equipment.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Company matched 401k
· Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Company Paid Uniform
· Boot Allowance
· Paid Orientation and Training
· Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Apply online or in person today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.