Dover, OH 44622
This position will use technical knowledge of the industry to order equipment, supplies, materials, etc. for the company. Negotiate with suppliers and oversee the delivery and payment processes. Help ensure the company continues to function efficiently by providing accurate orders consistently. Assist with the company maintaining its production schedule and budget. This position will interact with individuals inside and outside the company forming close partnerships with both.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business administration, construction management, or a related field.
- Experience in Technical Sales and/or engineering product support.
- Experience collaborating with purchasing teams and department leaders to understand customer requirements and provide technical assistance.
- Experience generating high-quality purchasing leads, following up after initial contact, securing and renewing orders, negotiating prices, completing sales, and arranging deliveries.
- Experience researching, developing, and modifying products to meet the customers’ and company’s technical requirements and needs.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of mechanical drawings/ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of construction terms: understanding of reading tape measure, decimals/fraction conversions, measurement, and sizing.
- Working knowledge of mechanical components.
- Ability to find alternative components to fit existing equipment.
Purchasing Engineer Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule, and quality. Create and perform regular performance reviews with suppliers to deliver continuous improvement.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
- Develop, implement, and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Ensure commercial, legal, and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Train team on effective procurement processes and strategy.
- Coordinate with vendor o continuous quality improvement.
- Purchasing/Receiving for a wide range of mechanical components.
- Organize racks to ensure parts are easy to find and access for jobs and inventory counts.
- Check the weekly inventory of consumables.
- Print and enter the completed preventative maintenance work orders for the team.
- Contact vendors and update PO deliveries on a weekly basis.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k.
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and On the Job Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
We value our team.
For 70+ years Kimble has found success hiring and developing hard-working and talented individuals to become a part of our team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe.
We are local.
Kimble Company located in NE Ohio, a privately held company with 70 years of history in Oil and Natural gas development, mining, waste, recycling and disposal is actively looking for a Mine Foreman.
We are growing.
As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right! We encourage you to apply today!
Kimble Recycling and Disposal Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.