Assistant Safety Manager- Dover Location
Kimble Company, a Northeastern Ohio, family-based company with over 60 years’ experience in energy, materials, recycling and disposal, is seeking an experienced Assistant Safety Manager. The Assistant Safety Manager is responsible for the supervision of safety functions pertaining to OSHA, MSHA, DOT and Hazmat. The ideal candidate…
- Has working knowledge of the principals and practices of all governing bodies.
- Has capability to conduct thorough on-site safety checks on a regular basis.
- Has experience conducting inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Has the ability to review safety policies and monitor for compliance.
- Is able to effectively communicate with and influence team members.
- Has strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Has the ability to monitor current trends and plan for future
- Has experience creating training programs for drivers, mechanics and Heavy Equipment operators.
- Has experience managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in DOT, waste and recycling and/or extracted energy and mineral safety a plus.
- Must have the ability to articulate well with high-level leadership.
- Must be highly motivated and work well alone and with others.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Manage and execute the company’s safety program for DOT, OSHA, Hazmat, Wellsite training and MSHA
- Foster a companywide culture of safety and compliance while developing, implementing, and enforcing safety polices.
- Oversee and manage the records required on all employee training, including weekly, monthly, and annual trainings.
- Oversee and manage all DOT files and Clearinghouse requirements.
- Ensure all MSHA trainings completed, including foreman first aid, annual refresher, and task trainings.
- Provide management with timely and accurate metrics and reports regarding all safety aspects of the company.
- Participate, develop and maintain training program for drivers, mechanics and heavy equipment operators.
- Work with operations to develop and administer programs and trainings, including driver (DOT) training.
- Assist in incident reviews and root cause analysis.
- Ability to oversee training from onboarding through annual trainings.
- Maintain accurate OSHA logs and report TRIR on a regular basis.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite, including Access databases.
- Report statistics in weekly managers' meetings and address additional safety needs.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY! Apply online at [email protected] today!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.