Bilingual Landfill Equipment Operator
Dover, OH 44622
This position operates heavy equipment used in spreading, covering, loading, and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner to support the maintenance of our solid waste landfill.
Bilingual in English/Spanish is a must.
High School Diploma or GED.
Ability to do physical labor for long hours in all types of weather.
Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
Ability to pass our background check and drug screen.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under our company policy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate landfill equipment safely and efficiently.
- Perform pre/post trip inspections on all equipment.
- Ability to operate trash compactor, dozer, front end loader, excavator and trailer tipper.
- Ability to trouble shoot minor repairs.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- This is a labor-intensive position that requires working outside in all weather conditions and some lifting is required.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
- Must keep time and material records including load and bucket counts and DOR (daily operator reports).
- Must follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Ability to judge distance and slopes accurately.
- Having sufficient skill and experience to back up to berms safely.
- Regular attendance consistent with the Company Attendance Policy.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Top of the line Benefits:
Company Paid Life Insurance
Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
6 Paid Holidays
Short Term Disability
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.