CDL Driver Trainer
Dover, OH 44622
The CDL Driver Trainer position is responsible for the training and development of CDL and non-CDL licensed drivers on operations of all CMV's (Commercial Motor Vehicle).
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Class A Commercial Driver License with Medical Card
- Previous experience in the recycling and waste industry.
- Previous experience in facilitating CDL training programs.
- Previous experience in conducting Pre and Post-trip procedures for various commercial vehicles.
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must have expert knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Must have expert knowledge in Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads classroom, yard, and road CDL classed for both Class A and B CDL holders in various types of waste and refuse hauling vehicles.
- Instructs how to prepare DMR forms for any maintenance needs on fleet vehicles with trainees and how to communicate the needs to the maintenance department.
- Develops and implements various maneuverability courses on and off site for trainees.
- Monitors trainee programs and identifies additional training needs.
- Performs evaluations through checklists and observations, while documenting progress and creating action plans for driver improvement.
- Conducts route observations with drivers to further coach and develop drivers.
- Travels to various operations sites to facilitate training and development of all drivers.
- Trains and implements all aspects of Company Policy outlined in handbook with trainees.
- Develops training and remedial driving plans and processes.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date training documents and processes.
- Must be able to plan, implement, and report change of processes efficiently within each location.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisors to maintain daily operations.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- Earn up to 6 PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.