Compactor Repair Technician- Dover Location
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc.
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe. You are a valued front- line team member; a role that is essential to reaching our company goal to keep Ohio clean and happy by providing the best service to our customers and communities.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understands the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and the ability to earn PTO.
We are growing.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Some welding experience from a technical school or related technical training
- Experience working in an industrial or shop environment
- Prior work experience with high voltage electricity
- Prior work experience with hydraulic systems
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Basic stick welding on industrial compactors
- Study and interpret assembly for the functionality of new and existing equipment
- Need to be able to read and understand blueprints and manuals
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Hydraulic troubleshooting and repair
- Repairs on customers, site to repair company-owned and customer-owned compactors
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while interacting with customers
- Perform complete preventative maintenance inspection on compactors
Knowledge and Skills
- High voltage electricity- must be able to read electrical diagrams and troubleshoot
- Hydraulic operations- must be able to read a hydraulic diagram and troubleshoot
- Class 8 truck maintenance
- Facility Maintenance
- Mechanical aptitude
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- Ability to earn up to 6 PTO Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
As one of Ohio's largest collection and disposal company, Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is a family-owned and locally operated. Kimble is more than just "waste disposal." Our customers are also our neighbors and we treat them as such. We’re reliable, attentive and experienced professionals who provide unmatched customer service to the residents in our service areas. We are 100% committed to keeping Ohio clean and happy—after all… we live here, too.
Join Ohio's largest independently owned collection and disposal company TODAY!
Apply online or at any location today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.