Fleet Maintenance Director
Dover, OH 44622
Kimble Company, a privately held company, with more than 70 years of continued operation in energy, materials, solid waste and recycling in Eastern Ohio, is searching for an experienced Truck Fleet Maintenance Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to prioritize and manage a large number of projects and general maintenance of our company fleet. This position would oversee multiple locations across Eastern Ohio that would require travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor preventative maintenance systems to ensure optimal equipment reliability.
- Oversee completion of preventative maintenance schedules according to equipment manufacturer’s recommendations, while ensuring that necessary components and parts are purchased as required or directed
- Coordinate adjustment of production schedules with operations to ensure equipment availability to allow time for equipment rebuilds/upgrades and the testing of equipment.
- Manage maintenance related software selection and use.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of work completed, materials used, and time spent.
- Respond with urgency as required to assist in diagnosing and developing corrective actions to repair equipment and machinery.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of all resources utilized, including outside contractors.
- Ensure spare parts inventory is well organized and maintained properly.
- Direct and supervise a team of maintenance technicians.
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports and mentor areas for improvement.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate quick and effective improvements.
- Work closely with management to assist in continuous improvement programs.
- Strong desire to take ownership and drive results
- Enforce safety by conducting daily, weekly, and monthly safety communications and monitoring safety actions in the shop.
- Identifies, assists, and resolves equipment issues through shop floor problem solving, collaboration, and ongoing employee training and development.
- Robust understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems and some troubleshooting.
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work with and lead teams.
- Strong experience and ability to manage multiple teams, at multiple locations across Ohio simultaneously.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.
Submit Resume & Cover Letter to: [email protected]