Forest and Farms Technician- Dover Location
Has an immediate opening for a Forest and Farms Technician
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for over 60 years, Kimble understands the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and an excellent benefits package.
We are growing.
As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right! We encourage you to apply today!
The Forest and Farms Technician will have these minimum qualifications:
- 2-year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science, or closely related field. Or, 5 or more years working in forestry, arboriculture, horticulture, timber management, or a related discipline.
- Capable of creating and implementing forestry plans which describe the current forest conditions, develop strategies for management, and create a schedule of activities designed to meet the company’s objectives.
- The technician will be able to put together a forest management plan which will delineate forest stands, inventory forest attributes, and recommend and implement best forestry practices. They will also be able to identify invasive species, determine a plan for eradication or control, and identify trees for removal that meet their objectives.
- Knowledge or experience in management of the inventory and harvesting of timber.
- Determine the volume and value of standing timber, as well as derive other stand level attributes such as species composition and density.
- Familiar with Ohio’s CAUV program and capable of managing properties which participate in CAUV. Ability to identify properties to include in CAUV.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities.
- Farming experience preferred. Familiar with the cultivation of corn, soybeans, and other crops commonly grown in Ohio.
- Knowledgeable of best practices for crop land maintenance, such as crop rotation, repair and replacement of field tiles and fencing, and proper fertilization.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required.
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license and clean MVR is required
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred, but not required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized and production oriented.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY! Apply online at [email protected] today!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.