Carrollton, OH 44615
The General Labor/Thrower will be responsible for assisting the refuse truck driver on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling.
Minimum Qualifications for General Labor:
- Regularly stand for long periods of time
- Able to bend, stoop, climb, reach
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Work in an outdoor or shop environment
- General knowledge of cleaning standards utilizing tools such as brooms, shovels, rakes, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Picking up and place waste into the refuse truck.
- Ensure garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly.
- Assist drivers in safely backing up the truck by directing the driver from the ground.
- Cleans behind the compactor blade with a shovel and hoe when directed. Sprays and cleans the hopper and truck at the end of each shift or as needed utilizing proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- This position may require entering and exiting truck up to 700 times daily.
- Assists other routes as needed to complete daily work.
- Must have physical strength and flexibility to complete assigned job tasks.
- General cleaning and maintaining work environment in the shop or other assigned areas.
Benefits for General Labor:
- Up to 10 paid vacation days
- Paid Holidays
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and 401k
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/veteran status, or national origin.