Initial Claims Handler
Canton, OH 44706
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is seeking an experienced Initial Claims Handler with expertise in investigating, documenting, and settling property damage claims.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
As the Initial Claims Handler, you will be responsible for investigating and settling property and vehicle incident claims over the phone and in-person. You will handle 1st and 3rd party claims. You will be required to investigate and determine liability and make the appropriate recommendations based on investigative decisions. You may also be introduced to minor bodily injury claims. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and investigate damages in a timely manner while following a set of general claims and statutory guidelines.
- Assist all parties with questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Identify any other team members that may be able to assist in the handling of the claim in a timely manner.
- Conduct thorough investigations including obtaining necessary documents and photos
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Team player who thrives on providing excellent Customer Service.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Exceptional time management, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient when working with a PC and Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to identify, investigate, and effectively solve problems.
- Comfortable seeking superior guidance when necessary.
- Previous handling of claims experience a plus.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 50 years of experience in the energy, materials, recycling and solid waste industries. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble, we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.