Land Surveying Technician
Dover, OH 44622
- Previous experience as a Construction or Mining Surveyor
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying (preferred)
- Must have FAA Part 107 Commercial Remote Pilots License or ability to pass exam within 2 months of hire.
- AutoCAD experience is necessary. Experience with Carlson Civil and Mining preferred.
- Pix4D photogrammetry or similar software experience necessary.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with survey computations and platting as well as field experience required.
- Preferred, but not required: processes conventional and GPS data using Trimble Business Center or similar software
- Experience with UAV use in survey applications as well as photogrammetry software required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides assistance in preparing a survey site for analysis. Tests/evaluates the quality of materials or designs to verify adherence to contracts and specifications.
- Obtains survey data, such as angles, elevations, points, and contours, using RTK GPS, Total Station, UAVs, and other surveying instruments.
- Reads and interprets plans, specification, blueprints and other engineering documents.
- Provides assistance in performing technical surveys (e.g. topographic and planimetric assessments) on assigned projects/land parcels
- Surveyor uses AutoCAD software to assist in production of detailed topographic surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Record of Surveys, Parcel Maps, Final Maps, and other various survey related documents.
- Use Pix4D photogrammetry software to assist in production of detailed topographic surveys and orthophotos. Use Trimble Business Center to generate Equipment GPS files.
- Surveyor provides assistance in researching County records and preparing a survey.
- Conducts various studies and data analysis to determine accuracy of data collected, develop recommendations, develop corrective designs and/or ensure compliance
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.