Landfill Equipment Operator
Dover, OH 44622
This position exclusively operates heavy equipment used in spreading, covering, loading, and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner to support the maintenance of our solid waste landfill.
Responsibilities and Duties for Heavy Equipment Operators:
- Operate landfill equipment safely and efficiently.
- Perform pre/post trip inspections on all equipment.
- Ability to operate trash compactor, Dozer, front end loader, excavator.
- Ability to trouble shoot minor repairs.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- This is a labor-intensive position that requires working outside in all weather conditions and some lifting is required.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
- Must keep time and material records including load and bucket counts, DOR (daily operator reports).
- Must follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Ability to judge distance and slopes accurately.
- Having sufficient skill and experience to back up to berms safely.
- Regular attendance consistent with the Company Attendance Policy.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401K
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.