Landfill Gas Technician- Dover Location
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe and are a valued team member.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understands the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and an excellent benefits package.
We are growing.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
- 1- 2 years’ experience with Landfill Gas Collection experience or Oil and Gas/ well Field Experience
- High school or GED
- Previous lab and site development that includes collection techniques
- Gas collection transportation experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Addresses environmental issues by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Gathers environmental data by applying agriculture, chemistry, meteorology, and engineering principles.
- Determines characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials and substances by conducting chemical, physical, laboratory, and field tests, using ph meter, chemicals, autoclaves, centrifuge spectrophotometer, microscope, analytical instrumentation, and chemical laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates atmospheric pollutants by collecting and analyzing samples of gases; gathering other air samples and meteorological data.
- Assesses water pollutants by collecting and analyzing water samples from streams and lakes, raw, semi-processed or processed water, and industrial wastewater.
- Determines chemical composition and nature of land pollutants by collecting and analyzing soil, silt, and mud.
- Maintains environmental database by developing information requirements; designing an information system.
- Prepares summaries and charts by gathering and testing samples; analyzing and summarizing findings and trends.
- Submits reports to federal and local entities as required within the specified timeframe.
- Maintains gas and fluid flow systems, chemical reaction systems, mechanical equipment, and other test instrumentation by installing; operating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Tune and adjust Gas wells based on gas constituents and characteristics.
- Service, maintain, and repair wells, piping, regulators, and other ancillary components to the GCCS system.
- Maintain Gas and Fluid flow systems, Mechanical systems, following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshoot various system malfunctions, maintain inventories, and evaluate new and old techniques and methods
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes research by conducting bacteriological and other tests.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the organization by complying with legal and waste management requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Promotes a safe work environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Chemistry Techniques
- Clinical Lab Testing and Lab Environments
- Waste Treatment
- How to analyzing Information
- Environmental Law
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and organic substances
- Analyzing information and raw data
- Gas systems designs and maintenance
- Strong mechanical background and/or plumbing knowledge
- Plastics Welding
- Pump operations
- Site Development preferred.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Company is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the energy, materials, recycling and solid waste industries. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
Join our growing team TODAY!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.