Landfill Pump Technician
Dover, OH 44622
The Landfill Pump Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill leachate collections systems. They will be overseeing the ongoing monitoring of these systems, ensuring that all work and adhere to all safety regulations, as well as federal and state regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and be acceptable to company's insurance carrier.
- Able to acquire skills and knowledge sufficient to perform regular duties with only general supervision.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision upon completion of training.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Must be flexible to a changing work environment, available to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and able to prioritize.
- Able to stand and walk on concrete and uneven surfaces.
- Able to push, pull, lift, carry maximum weight 50lbs, repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Frequent exposure to inclement weather, bright lights, loud noises, dust, gas, and/or fumes, as this position is 90% outside.
- Able to operate equipment and vehicles, as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct, or assist with, environmental sampling that may include ground water, surface water, air quality and gas migration.
- Manages and troubleshoots leachate system to ensure it continues to operate in accordance with safety standards, federal and state regulations.
- Performs landfill surveying activities as required.
- Prepares and submits required reporting data relative to leachate and other related systems.
- Performs all responsibilities in a safe and efficient matter, ensuring adherence to all safety regulations that govern job performance; ensure outgoing compliance with all applicable federal and state requirements.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and On the Job Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Join our growing team TODAY!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.