Loader Operator/General Labor- Canton
Our Canton, OH location is looking for a loader operator/general labor to work in our transfer station.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles and the ability to drive and operate the equipment under varying working conditions.
- Safety is a primary concern and is a priority to our loader operators and we stress this at all times in the transfer station.
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Forklift certified or demonstrate proficiency with a forklift.
- Must have the capacity to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to periodically lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Hours are 6 am- 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, Saturday hours 4 am - noon. You would work 2 on and one off in a rotating schedule.
Physical Work Activities and Exposure
Operators must have good eyesight and better than average coordination in order to operate both hand and foot levers simultaneously. They must have good judgment in order to perform complicated tasks and must be able to work closely with other crafts without constant supervision. Skilled operators are constantly alert and observant of their surroundings.
Pre-Requisite Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Must have verifiable loader experience either from previous jobs or certificates from school.
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.