Dover, OH 44622
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering or a related field? Kimble Companies is searching for a Mine Planner to create and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly mine plans by analyzing geologic data, survey maps and performing audits. The planner will also review the production needs of the operations and work with geology & mine production to achieve mine planning goals.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree - Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of mine planning, reserve estimation and budgeting process
- 3+ years’ experience in technical roles in mining operations
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of mobile and stationary equipment
- Knowledge of mine planning and MSHA rules and regulations
- Basic understanding of surface mining practices
- Demonstrated ability to translate high level project requirements into systemic specifications and designs
- Working knowledge and experience with technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a cross team development environment
Duties may include:
- Facilitate weekly and monthly meetings with mine production, technical services, geology, engineers, maintenance, and production supervision. Lead discussions regarding the plan vs. actual and provide insight and answers for grade or production variances.
- Conduct analysis of mining reserves and identify preparation work needed to bring an area into production including development, mine ventilation, pumping, infrastructure, and waste removal.
- Work with mine management to identify resources needed along with creating a timeline to accomplish. Help with life of mine plans.
- Assist mine management and senior mine planners with mid to long term planning by providing insight and recommendations based on short term plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information