Manager of Trucking-Night Shift
Dover, OH 44622
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc.
Minimum Qualifications for a Night Operations Supervisor:
· Valid Class A or B CDL License
· At least 21 years of age
· Minimum of 1 year CDL driving experience preferred
· Coaching/managing experience in the transportation/logistics industry
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check
Benefits for a Night Operations Supervisor:
· Home Daily
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and 401k.
· Company Paid Uniform
· Boot Allowance
Responsibilities and Duties for a Night Operations Supervisor:
Night supervisor to report directly to operations manager and works in tandem with day operations supervisor coordinating daily load plan.
· Manages the nightly trucking driver performance ensuring safe, timely and cost effective delivery of services in accordance with Kimble practices and procedures and applicable regulations
· Possess an understanding of Kimble Core Values and applies principles of Positive Leadership in supervision of drivers and helpers
· Supervision of drivers and performance of daily operations
· Greet drivers upon their arrival to the yard
· Perform tailgate and safety meetings
· Conduct pre/post trip inspection audits, truck inspections, route observations, route efficiency analysis
· Interviews potential new hires
· Plan routes and address special needs for the day
· Communicate daily with the drivers making them part of the Kimble team
Knowledge and Skills for a Night Operations Supervisor:
· Knowledge of DOT regulations and daily tracking including verifying logs, safety checks and roadside inspections.
· Will be responsible for managing assigned employees including discipline, counseling and conducting reviews
· Managing budgets and daily production
· Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment and ensure compliance with company policies. Reinforce daily safe work practices and the delivery of safety meetings
· Communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internal and external to the department.
· Ability to competently utilize a computer and use it effectively
· Must be organized
As Eastern Ohio’s leading provider of recycling and solid waste management service, Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is a family-owned and locally operated. Kimble is more than just "waste disposal." Our customers are also our neighbors, and we treat them as such. We’re reliable, attentive and experienced professionals who provide unmatched customer service to the residents in our service areas. We are 100% committed to keeping Eastern Ohio clean and happy—after all… we live here, too.
Kimble Companies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.