Parts Counter Clerk/Coordinator- Twinsburg Location
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a Parts position in an Automotive level or HD Truck level (preferred)
- Storeroom or warehouse experience is given preference but will consider others with a strong mechanical background or technical experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of automotive or heavy-duty truck parts and functions. With a preference to heavy-duty truck parts.
- Ability to lift/move 75+ pounds.
- Filing and record management
- Able to understand and interpret data
- Organizational skills must be excellent
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Position requires close coordination, cooperation, and communication with co-workers, supervisory personnel, storeroom customers, and vendors.
- Maintain safe work environment according to all company policies, federal and state regulations. Wear and use proper safety equipment including but not limited to: safety shoes, head, ear, eye, and respiratory protection.
- Unload trucks, receive, inspect/count for match against purchase order, store, issue, transport, and package/prepare return goods for shipment. Initiate various inventory material transactions and sign for received materials & services.
- Review & prepare inventory reports as assigned to assure inventory accuracy and improve logistical support efforts.
- Research, investigate, coordinate and resolve inventory material discrepancies. Take appropriate action within prescribed guidelines to maintain an accurate inventory and an orderly storeroom.
- Maintain inventory levels, document retention/filing, material receiving, transferring & storage of parts to designated areas, stock shelves.
- Create and issue purchase orders for inventory, shop supplies, bulk fluids/oils, and non-inventoried parts for vehicles in shop facilities as needed following established procedures, and routines.
- Communicate with vendors in person, by telephone, emails, or fax for the purpose of ordering, verifying information, expediting, and/or invoice discrepancy resolution.
- Inspect shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received to assure compliance with purchase order specifications; identify and report shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies.
- Input received material, issue inventory, maintain inventory/purchasing/equipment/vendor master files using Spectrum computer system.
- Communicate proper documentation to accounts payable as appropriate, and initiate new vendor code requests as needed.
- Communicate parts receipt to requesting mechanic/Shop Supervisor. Physically distribute parts to mechanics, drivers and other employees using information provided.
- Assemble, modify, and rearrange storeroom equipment including racks, bins, and small parts cabinets to maximize efficiency and space.
- Maintain accurate manual and electronic records, files, storage locations, and storage labels. Perform cycle counts and assist with physical inventories as required.
- Demonstrate and utilize good housekeeping skills, maintain neat, orderly, organized and controlled work and storage areas, periodically clean shelving, cabinets, storeroom floors, docks, and storeroom areas.
- Demonstrate above average organizational skills to effectively handle multiple priorities with short deadlines coordinating pickup and delivery times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- This position requires knowledge of automotive or heavy-duty truck parts and functions. With a preference to heavy-duty truck parts.
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Purchasing systems, inventory principals, shop environments
- Possess excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to perform recordkeeping functions in an accurate and timely manner.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
As one of Ohio's largest collection and disposal company, Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is a family-owned and locally operated. Kimble is more than just "waste disposal." Our customers are also our neighbors, and we treat them as such. We’re reliable, attentive and experienced professionals who provide unmatched customer service to the residents in our service areas. We are 100% committed to keeping Ohio clean and happy—after all… we live here, too.
Join Ohio's largest independently owned collection and disposal company TODAY!
Apply online or at any location today!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.