Parts Clerk - 2nd Shift
Canton, OH 44706
This position will perform storeroom and inventory related duties proficiently and accurately. Receive, store, pull & deliver parts to shop mechanics and drivers, document and count material, monitor and replenish inventory, issue purchase orders, enter data into Spectrum computer system; control material and equipment spare parts, package & ship return parts, maintain orderly parts storage areas, clean floors, shelving, bins, isle ways, docks and work areas; issue shop tools; assemble, modify and label storage racks, bins and cabinets, assemble hoses, and comply with office procedures and routines. Parts Counter Clerk has some latitude for independent action within established guidelines, but is supervised by designated management personnel.
Parts Clerk Requirements:
- Knowledge of purchasing systems, inventory principles, and shop environments
- Proficient with a computer and data entry
- Prior inventory control experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Unload trucks, receive, inspect/count for match against purchase order, store, issue, transport, and package/prepare return goods for shipment. Initiate various inventory material transactions and sign for received materials & services.
- Review & prepare inventory reports as assigned to assure inventory accuracy and improve logistical support efforts.
- Research, investigate, coordinate and resolve inventory material discrepancies. Take appropriate action within prescribed guidelines to maintain an accurate inventory and an orderly storeroom.
- Maintain inventory levels, document retention/filing, material receiving, transferring & storage of parts to designated areas, stock shelves.
- Create and issue purchase orders for inventory, shop supplies, bulk fluids/oils, and non-inventoried parts for vehicles in shop facilities as needed following established procedures, and routines.
- Communicate with vendors in person, by telephone, emails, or fax for the purpose of ordering, verifying information, expediting, and/or invoice discrepancy resolution.
- Inspect shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received to assure compliance with purchase order specifications; identify and report shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies.
- Input received material, issue inventory, maintain inventory/purchasing/equipment/vendor master files using Spectrum computer system.
- Communicate proper documentation to accounts payable as appropriate, and initiate new vendor code requests as needed.
- Communicate parts receipt to requesting mechanic/Shop Supervisor. Physically distribute parts to mechanics, drivers and other employees using information provided.
- Assemble, modify, and rearrange storeroom equipment including racks, bins, and small parts cabinets to maximize efficiency and space.
- Maintain accurate manual and electronic records, files, storage locations and storage labels. Perform cycle counts and assist with physical inventories as required.
Amazing Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- Potential to earn up to 6 PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Company paid uniforms
- Boot allowance
- Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
In addition to our amazing comprehensive benefits there is a potential for additional earnings bonus based on route performance for Residential CDL Drivers.
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information.