Roll Off Supervisor- Dover Location
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc.
The Roll Off Supervisor is directly responsible for the supervision of drivers and the performance of daily operations. Greet drivers upon their arrival to the yard, perform tailgate and safety meetings. Conduct pre/post-trip inspection audits, truck inspections, route observations, route efficiency analysis, interview potential new hires, and plan routes and address special needs for the day. Communicate daily with the drivers making them part of the Kimble team.
- Coaching/managing experience in the transportation/logistics industry
- Class B CDL beneficial but not required
- At least 21 years of age
- Must be insurable with our Insurance Company
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages the daily waste collection routes and driver performance, ensuring safe, timely, and cost-effective delivery of services in accordance with Kimble practices and procedures and applicable regulations
- Supervision of drivers and performance of daily operations
- Greet drivers upon their arrival to the yard
- Perform tailgate and safety meetings
- Conduct pre/post-trip inspection audits, truck inspections, route observations, route efficiency analysis
- Interviews potential new hires
- Plan routes and address special needs for the day
- Communicate daily with the drivers making them part of the Kimble team.
- Possess an understanding of Kimble Core Values and applies principles of Positive Leadership in the supervision of drivers and helpers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and daily tracking including verifying logs, safety checks and roadside inspections.
- Will be responsible for managing assigned employees including discipline, counseling and conducting reviews
- Managing budgets and daily production
- Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment and ensure compliance with company policies. Reinforce daily safe work practices and the delivery of safety meetings
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internal and external to the department.
- Ability to competently utilize a computer and use it effectively
- Must be organized
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Uniform
- Boot Allowance
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe. You are a valued front-liney team member; a role that is essential to reaching our company goal to keep Ohio clean and happy by providing the best service to our customers and communities.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understands the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble also offers Paid Holidays and Vacation Days.
We take pride in our work.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
As one of Ohio's largest collection and disposal company, Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is a family-owned and locally operated. Kimble is more than just "waste disposal." Our customers are also our neighbors, and we treat them as such. We’re reliable, attentive and experienced professionals who provide unmatched customer service to the residents in our service areas. We are 100% committed to keeping Ohio clean and happy—after all… we live here, too.
Join Ohio's largest independently owned collection and disposal company TODAY!
Apply online or in-person today at any location!
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.