Scale House Attendant- Dover Location
Minimum Qualifications for a Scale House Attendant
· Previous experience working in a fast-paced trucking or scale operation.
· Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of basic accounting, recordkeeping, and cash handling principles and practices.
· Skill in establishing effective working relationships with contractors, contractual personnel, and the public.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to perform recordkeeping functions in an accurate and timely manner.
· High School Diploma or GED required, Certificates or coursework preferred but not required
Benefits for a Scale House Attendant
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties for a Scale House Attendant
· Attend scales that weigh and record recycling loads and solid waste loads, both inbound and outbound. Generate scale tickets for all inbound/outbound loads and enter designated information into company database (PC Scales, Tower).
· Determine proper disposal fees based on defined formulas and other established criteria.
· Provide positive customer service by answering a variety of questions and complaints from the drivers and public concerning disposal/recycling processes, direct customers to appropriate location/resources based on requests, and direct trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading/processing areas.
· Enter and retrieve data and prepare reports from an online computer system (PC Scales, Tower) following established formats and review computer-produced reports for accuracy, correcting as needed.
· Type and process a wide variety of materials such as correspondence, memorandum, and/or reports including numerical calculations and spreadsheets, notes, and/or brief instructions utilizing Word, Excel, and/or other designated software products as specified.
· Operate standard office equipment, perform administrative support activities such as opening and distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, filing, and other document record-keeping functions.
· Observe and inform truck drivers, contractors, and the public on all safety rules and regulations.
· Perform any other related duties as required.
THIS POSITION IS FOR DAY SHIFT M-F, BUT DOES INCLUDE SOME SATURDAYS.
The scale house attendant is responsible for attending truck scales, determining volumes and weight of loads, collecting gate fees, maintaining accounting records, and acting as a resource to truck and vehicle operators as well as the public. This individual will perform a variety of operational, recordkeeping, and clerical tasks within clearly defined guidelines and established procedures. The scope of work extends to other waste management services operations at the landfill, transfer stations, well sites, and recycling facilities.
Kimble Company is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the energy, materials, recycling and solid waste industries. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability/veteran status, national origin or genetic information.