Survey, Drafting, & UAV Technician
Dover, OH 44622
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe and are a valued team member.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understand the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and an excellent benefits package.
We are growing.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
- Survey experience with construction or mining company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Surveying
- Must have FAA Part 107 Commercial Remote Pilots License or ability to pass exam within 2 months of hire.
- AutoCAD experience necessary. Experience with Carlson Civil and Mining preferred.
- Pix4D photogrammetry or similar software experience necessary.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides assistance in preparing a survey site for analysis. Tests/evaluates the quality of materials or designs to verify adherence to contracts and specifications.
- Obtains survey data, such as angles, elevations, points, and contours, using RTK GPS, Total Station, UAVs, and other surveying instruments.
- Reads and interprets plans, specification, blueprints and other engineering documents.
- Provides assistance in performing technical surveys (e.g. topographic and planimetric assessments) on assigned projects/land parcels
- Use AutoCAD software to assist in production of detailed topographic surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Record of Surveys, Parcel Maps, Final Maps, and other various survey related documents.
- Use Pix4D photogrammetry software to assist in production of detailed topographic surveys and orthophotos. Use Trimble Business Center to generate Equipment GPS files.
- Provides assistance in researching County records and preparing survey
- Conducts various studies and data analysis to determine accuracy of data collected, develop recommendations, develop corrective designs and/or ensure compliance
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with survey computations and platting as well as field experience required.
- Preferred, but not required: processes conventional and GPS data using Trimble Business Center or similar software
- Experience with UAV use in survey applications as well as photogrammetry software required.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Company is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the energy, materials, recycling and solid waste industries. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
Join our growing team TODAY!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.