Transfer Station Supervisor- Canton Location
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe and are a valued team member.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understands the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year-round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and an excellent benefits package.
We are growing.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
- Previous supervisory experience 1-3 year’s
- Previous transfer facility experience or related industry work a plus
- Previous production manufacturing experience a plus
- Previous logistics experience
- Pervious facility operations and compliance knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check
Responsibilities and Duties for a Loader Operator/General Labor:
- Supervise daily operations of the transfer station and scale house. Implement operating procedures and ensure excellent work standards are met.
- Ensure maximum productivity and establish productivity improvement goals are met where needed.
- Interact with employees to ensure efficiencies at the transfer station and scale house.
- Responsible for schedules, reviews and evaluating work to ensure quality, timeliness and quality control and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for making sure equipment is maintained and inspected daily.
- Perform and document minor repairs on equipment or notify Maintenance for more complex repairs.
- Manage additional waste streams accepted at the location.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills for a Loader Operator/General Labor:
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation and leadership skills
- Ability to supervise employees
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Uniform
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Company is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the waste industry. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.