Waste and Recycle Collections Route Supervisor
Twinsburg, OH 44087
The Route Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the facility, including but not limited to personnel, production, safety, and customer service.
Routing Supervisor Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Previous operations experience in the Trash industry
- 3 or more years of prior management of people in a fast-paced environment
- Valid CDL license with attached DOT Medical Card, preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- The ability to convey complex directions to employees
- Language skills include the ability to analyze and communicate effectively, including but not limited to the ability to compose concise procedures, memos, and letters
- Ability to speak and listen professionally, and to work with various people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills necessary; Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency required.
- Use of computer-aided dispatching equipment required.
- Advanced scheduling and dispatch experience required.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to draft and carry out detailed instructions. Ability to identify and deal with problems involving a variety of variables in random situations, including problem-solving.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The requirements listed below constitutes the minimum tasks necessary to perform this position and are considered essential job duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assign and supervise CDL drivers operating solid waste collection equipment
- Review safety items such as missing logs/DVIR's
- Validate and review driver Hours of Service to ensure compliance
- Execute random drug screens & monitor for reasonable suspicion
- Monitor’s progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees making staff changes as necessary.
- Conduct field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collections programs.
- Supervise dispatchers and/or dispatches drivers as needed.
- Oversee red tag program
- Work with drivers, Route Supervisors and Routing Department to optimize daily refuse and recycling routes.
- Make adjustments due to weather and personnel changes.
- Responsible for appraisal of employee performance, ensuring that all new hires receive 6 reviews in the first 90 days and other employees receive annual and bi-annual reviews
- Responsible for the rewarding and disciplinary actions of employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Supervises and trains personnel as needed.
- Independently exercises discretion to issue discipline, suspensions, and terminations of subordinate employees
- Makes hiring recommendations to management
- Independently exercises discretion in issuing rewards to subordinates for superior work performance.
- Prepares performance appraisals of subordinates and makes recommendations to management for bonuses and raises.
- Exercise’s discretion in assigning and transferring staff to various shifts and job assignments.
- Supply Maintenance Manager with Daily Route Matrix to ensure enough equipment daily
- Review the schedule of routine repairs with Maintenance Manager
- Reviews DMR’s with Maintenance Manager to make sure they are completed in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager to maintain day to day operations
- Safety is a primary consideration, and all rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- Must be willing to be “on-call” after hours and work as needed.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and possess good communication skills.
- Manage, plan and implement changes to promote efficiency within the Site for profitability.
- Must be organized
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.