Welder - Dover Location
Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc.
Minimum Qualifications for a Welder
- Welding in an industrial or shop environment
- Must be able to supply your own set of basic hand tools set.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment, drug screen and background check.
Benefits for a Welder
- Paid Vacation
- Earn up to 6 PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties for a Welder
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Own their own welding hood and basic hand tools
- Weld a variety of items associated with Class 8 commercial trucks
- Weld on industrial compactors
- Mig welding on container
- Interpret measurements
- Verify specifications of components and the equipment that it is being welded
- Ensure all parts are fitted and welded in properly
- Alter dimensions to fit specifications
- Cutting and joining metal parts for fabricating or repair
- Need to be able to read and understand blueprints and manuals
- Designing and creating holding jigs that aid in fabrication of the parts
- Lay out, positions, align, and fit components together
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes and strengthens metal as needed
- Maintain a record of all work completed and submit to Supervisor
- Must be able to keep up with all production requirements
Knowledge and Skills for a Welder
- Knowledge of properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various welding fluxes and rods
- Advanced knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading skills
- Class 8 truck maintenance is a plus
- Proficiency utilizing welding tools such as a tig-welder, mig welder, plasma cutter, arc welder, chop saw, oxyacetylene torch etc.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to use common hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude
As Eastern Ohio's largest collection and disposal company, Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Inc. is a family-owned and locally operated. Kimble is more than just "waste disposal." Our customers are also our neighbors, and we treat them as such. We’re reliable, attentive and experienced professionals who provide unmatched customer service to the residents in our service areas. We are 100% committed to keeping Eastern Ohio clean and happy—after all… we live here, too.
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.