Welder Dover OH
Dover, OH 44622
Minimum Qualifications for a Welder
- Welding in an industrial or shop environment
- Must be able to supply your own set of basic hand tools set.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Benefits for a Welder
- Paid up to 10 days Vacation
- Earn up to 6 PTO Days
- Up to 6 Paid Holidays
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties for a Welder
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Own their own welding hood and basic hand tools
- Weld a variety of items associated with Class 8 commercial trucks
- Weld on industrial compactors
- Mig welding on container
- Interpret measurements
- Verify specifications of components and the equipment that it is being welded
- Ensure all parts are fitted and welded in properly
- Alter dimensions to fit specifications
- Cutting and joining metal parts for fabricating or repair
- Need to be able to read and understand blueprints and manuals
- Designing and creating holding jigs that aid in fabrication of the parts
- Lay out, position, align, and fit components together
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes and strengthens metal as needed
- Maintain a record of all work completed and submit to Supervisor
- Must be able to keep up with all production requirements
Knowledge and Skills for a Welder
- Knowledge of properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various welding fluxes and rods
- Advanced knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading skills
- Class 8 truck maintenance is a plus
- Proficiency utilizing welding tools such as a tig-welder, mig welder, plasma cutter, arc welder, chop saw, oxyacetylene torch etc.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to use common hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude
Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin or genetic information.