Frequently Asked Questions
Our goal at Kimble Recycling & Disposal Inc. is to provide the best possible service to our customers. We get a lot of questions throughout the day so we've created this quick and easy reference for you to find answers to your frequently asked questions. If you are looking to start service, have questions about existing service or billing, please contact us or call 800-201-0005 to speak with a customer support representative.
Customer Service Center phone hours:
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Who should I contact with a billing question?
Billing questions can be made by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-201-0005. Our hours of operation are M-F 7am-5:30pm and Saturday 7am-noon.
- What are fuel and environmental surcharges covering?
These charges may appear on your invoice and include disposal and environmental fees.
- How often will I receive my bill?
Residential services are billed quarterly in advance. Commercial services are billed monthly.
- How do I know when my invoice is due?
You may check your payment invoice due date by logging into your account online. If you receive a paper copy of your invoice, the due date is listed in the upper right hand corner of the statement.
- How do you use my billing information?
Information is used only for internal purposes and will not be shared.
Online Bill Pay Inquiries
- Can I pay my bill online?
Yes you can pay your bill online by selecting the Bill Pay link in upper right hand corner of the website.
- Can I modify my auto pay option?
Yes, you can update your auto pay information by logging into the Bill Pay system found in upper right hand corner of the website.
- How do I sign up for paperless billing?
- Is there a charge to process a payment online?
Kimble does not charge you to process a payment via phone or using our online bill pay system located in the upper right hand corner of the website.
- Will I get a receipt or email confirmation if I pay online?
If you have provided us with your email address, you will receive a payment confirmation with each online payment. A payment confirmation will also display at the end of your transaction each time you make a payment online.
- How can I learn more about or begin receiving service from Kimble?
You request pricing for new services by filling out a Service Request Form or by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-201-0005 to request pricing for new services or to begin service. Our hours of operation are M-F 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to noon.
- What services do you offer?
Depending on your service area, our standard services are a 3, 6 and/or 10 bag trash service. Please feel free to contact us or call our Customer Service team at 1-800-201-0005 to learn more.
- How do I find out if there are service interruptions in my area?
We do our best to keep our customers up to date on any unscheduled service interruptions that may impact your area. You can always find Service Alert updates on the top bar of our website or on our Facebook page.
- How do our totes get delivered? Is there a standard lead time?
Depending on the service level you have, a tote can be delivered directly to you. There is a $15.00 delivery fee that will be added to your bill. The standard lead time for tote deliveries can range anywhere from two to four weeks, depending on the season.
- Is there a certain way I should leave my cart out on pick up days?
Our wheeled carts are designed to work with our automated collection trucks so proper placement is important. Carts should be within 2-3 feet of the street with the handle facing away from the curb. This allows our drivers to service our customers in a safe and efficient manner. Learn more about the right and wrong way to leave your cart out for pick up using our proper cart placement guide.
- Can I suspend my services while I'm on vacation?
Yes, each customer can have up to six months of vacation in one year's time. Please call our Customer Service team at 1-800-201-0005 or contact us to suspend service.
- What time should I put out my trash and recycling for pick up?
Kimble always suggests that our customers put their trash and recycling out the evening before. Our pick up times can vary and this will ensure that we do not miss picking up the trash and recycle items.
- Will holidays affect my pick-up schedule?
- How do I know if my service will be delayed due to weather?
Check our service bar at the top of our website or find weather delay alerts on our Facebook page. We will update both when weather affects our service schedules.
- Can I request an extra pick up?
Simply fill out our contact form to request an extra pick up. You may also call our customer service team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a customer service representative who can assist you.
- I'm moving, can I transfer my services?
- What do I do with my yard waste?
Yard waste details depend on where you live. Fill out a contact form to inquire about yard waste service in your area. You may also call our customer service team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a customer service representative who can assist you.
- How can I properly dispose of things like batteries and medications that Kimble does not accept?
The Joint Solid Waste Management District of Stark, Tuscarawas and Wayne is a great resource to find out how to properly dispose of waste not accepted by Kimble.
- How frequently do you pick up trash?
We offer a weekly residential curbside pick up. If you are looking for a commercial service pick up, we can customize to your needs varying anywhere from a daily pick up to a monthly pick up to suit your business needs. Please feel free to contact us or call our Customer Service team at 1-800-201-0005 to learn more.
- How do I dispose of large items?
Depending on your service level, Kimble will remove large items on your regular scheduled pick up day. Please notify one of our Customer Service representatives in advance to schedule your large item pick up or call 1-800-201-0005 to speak with someone directly. Bulk items and large amounts of waste can also be dropped off at one of our convenient Transfer Stations.
- What items does Kimble accept for bulk pick up?
We accept many common household items for bulk pick up. While we can't list everything here, our acceptable bulk items page is a great place to start.
- What happens to our trash once it is dumped into the trash truck?
Trash is transported via the trash truck to our Dover, Ohio landfill.
- There are times when I see trash that may be spilled out when dumping into a truck. Is there a way that I can assist in this effort to avoid the spills?
Yes, we suggest bagging your trash prior to placing it in your cart. This helps to minimize the spill outs when trash is dumped. It also helps to keep your trash cart clean.
- What items should not be placed in a trash tote for pick up?
There are certain items that should never be placed in your tote for regular trash collection. These items include construction materials, asphalt, concerete, bricks, ashes, hazardous liquids, needles, bio-waste, auto tires, paint cans, chemicals, asbestos tile and items that contain freon. Some of the materials mentioned above can be disposed of by renting one of our roll-off containers.
- Do you offer curbside recycling?
We offer curbside recycling to all Stark and Medina county residents as well as certain contracts throughout our service areas. Please feel free to contact us or call our Customer Service team at 1-800-201-0005 to learn more.
- Does Kimble co-mingle recycling and trash?
No, Kimble runs separate route trucks to pick up trash and recycling. The two are not co-mingled in the trucks or at the recycling center.
- Do the same trucks that pick up trash pick up recycling?
There could be an occasion where the same truck that was used to pick up trash may be used to pick up recycling; however, this will not occur at the same time. Upon completing their route, the trucks are emptied and cleaned which helps to prevent co-mingling.
- What types of items can I recycle?
Kimble helps to take the guesswork out of which items you can and cannot recycle. We recycle most common household plastics, fiber and non-fiber items. Get a complete breakdown of the types of materials we can and cannot accept using our quick recycling guide.
- Does Kimble consider new areas for recycling services?
Yes, and Kimble thanks our customers for their enthusiasm in regards to recycling. We share in that excitement. Kimble is constantly evaluating our markets to make determinations on providing cost effective services to those who want them. As our service offerings change, we will communicate those them to our customer base.
- Is wrapping paper recylable?
Believe it or not, the answer is almost always yes! Most wrapping paper is recyclable, but you can learn more about the specifics here.
- What do I need to know before taking items to a transfer station?
Our Canton, Carrollton and Cambridge transfer stations are open M-F 6:00am-4:00pm and Saturday 6:00am-noon. To ensure adequate processing time, please arrive at the transfer station at least 15 minutes before closing time. All customers must be in, unloaded and scaled out prior to close. If you have a large truck or trailer to unload, please arrive at least one hour before close.
Customers are responsible for unloading their own vehicles.
- Can I drop off items at a Kimble transfer station even if I'm not a Kimble customer? Are there fees associated with doing this?
Yes, our Canton, Carrollton and Cambridge transfer stations are open to the public. If you are an existing Kimble Recycling & Disposal customer, transfer station drop offs will not be included on your bill.Get locations, phone numbers and hours of operation here. Fees are assessed by weighing the items being brought in for drop off. We recommend calling your local transfer station for details.
Roll Off Rentals
- How can I rent a dumpster or roll off container?
- What does the temporary roll off container rental rates include?
The rates include a delivery charge, 7 day rental, removal and disposal of the allowed listed tonnage.
- What are the listed tonnages per container?
- 12 yard price includes up to 2 ton
- 20 yard price includes up to 5 ton
- 30 yard price includes up to 6 ton
- 40 yard price includes up to 7 ton
- Is there a difference in the price of the container rental if I decide not to keep it for the 7 days?
Standard rate includes a 7 day rental. If you decide to call for early removal of the container before the 7 days scheduled pick up, the price does not change; it remains the same.
- What if I need to keep the container longer than the standard 7 days?
If there is a need for a container removal to be scheduled past the 7 days, you will be charged $5.00 per day over the standard 7 days.
- Are there extra charges incurred if the weight of the container is greater than the tonnage listed? If so, what is the cost?
If the weight of the container goes over the tonnage listed upon final pick up, there will be a charge assessed per ton over the specific allowed tonnage. You may call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a Customer Service Rep who can assist you with more information.
- Is there a price difference for overages if the tonnages is general solid waste versus construction and debris?
Yes, there can be a price difference depending on the material. You may call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a Customer Service Rep who can assist you with more information.
- Is there a lead time for delivery involved if I want to order a temporary roll off container?
We strongly suggest you allow 24-48 hours advance notice to secure the scheduling/delivery of a container. During peak seasons, scheduling/delivery times may be extended.
- Are there specific container sizes allowed for certain materials?
A 20 yard container LONG BOX is recommended for heavier items like bricks, block, cement, roofing shingles, slate and other heavy items. It is strongly suggested that the container should only be filled to one-half full inside the container given the weight of the contents.
- Is there something that needs to be signed in order to get a temporary roll off container?
To schedule a temporary roll off container, we do require our customers to sign a Temporary Roll Off Agreement and to pay for the roll off rental prior to the scheduling/delivery. You may call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a Customer Service Rep who can assist you with more information.
- Can I get a temporary roll off container at my house?
Yes. Our containers are available for residential use as well as commercial and industrial use. You may call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-201-0005 to speak with a Customer Service Rep who can assist you with more information.
Reporting a Problem
- What should I do if I miss my scheduled pick up time?
If you forget to place your trash out in time for your scheduled pick up, you will need to hold all trash until your next scheduled pick up. You can also take your trash to one of our convenient Transfer Stations, although charges do apply.
- What do I do if my cart is damaged or stolen?
The customer is responsible for any damage or loss of a Kimble cart. Should this occur, the customer should report it as soon as possible. The details to the charges for a lost or stolen tote are explained to the customer during the time of sign up for trash/recycling services. There is more information that can be found on the back of Kimble’s invoices under the Terms and Conditions section.
- What should I do if I miss my scheduled pick up time?