Dover, OH 44622
A person in this position will plan, schedule, assign, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the work of landfill personnel engaged in the operation of solid waste disposal including placement, compaction, and burial of refuse in accordance with the landfill plan.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in building Landfill cells
- Oil and Gas Experience
- Experience operating Landfill equipment
- Organizational skills must be excellent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares and maintains accurate records on materials, equipment and personnel usage; makes regular inspections of landfills to evaluate existing conditions and recommends changes.
- Meets and confers with Landfill manager and Day Supervisors to plan work and report maintenance or personnel issues.
- Inspects landfill drainage structures, access controls, entrance and dirt roads, facilities, ect.
- Monitors wastewater tank levels and maintenance; immediately reports issues, accidents or other serious incidents to supervisor.
- Provides training on the proper operation and maintenance of equipment, and safety procedures; informs General manager of observed performance and attendance of personnel.
- Inspects equipment and vehicles for wear and recommends replacement or repair; assists in the minor repair of equipment and services.
- Refers serious complaints, problems or issues to General Manager.
- Will operate landfill equipment regularly, especially in absence of regular personnel.
- Mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
- Regular site inspections and rounds to ensure employee efficiency and environmental compliance.
- Regular attendance consistent with the Company Attendance Policy.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company matched 401k
- Up to 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Onsite Wellness Coach available by request
Kimble Company is locally owned and operated by the Kimble Family, with over 60 years of experience in the energy, materials, recycling and solid waste industries. We are a dedicated team of seasoned professionals who care about our clients, the environment, safety, our families, and our co-workers. At Kimble we strive for perfection in everything that we do.
We value our team.
Kimble takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well- trained team that works hard and works safe and are a valued team member.
We are local.
As a locally owned and operated company for almost 70 years, Kimble understand the importance of local careers. Our local and consistent year round work has you home daily for the rest and quality time you need with your family. Kimble offers Paid Holidays, Vacation Days and an excellent benefits package.
We are growing.
The Kimble team has worked hard to become the company that it is today. As Kimble continues to grow throughout Ohio, we encourage our team to take pride in getting the job done… and getting it done right!
Join our growing team TODAY!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military/veteran status or genetic information.