Procurement and Inventory Manager
We value our team.
Kimble Company takes pride in hiring talented individuals to become a part of the Kimble team. When you choose a career with Kimble, you are part of a professional, well trained team that works hard and works safe. You are a valued team member; a role that is essential to reaching our company goal to keep Ohio clean by providing the best service to our customers and communities. In order to carry out these core values, our team is expanding to hire a Recruiting and Personnel Development Director to manage our recruiting and team member development departments.
Kimble Company, a privately held company, with more than 60 years of continued operation in energy, materials, solid waste and recycling in Eastern Ohio, is seeking a seasoned Procurement and Inventory Manager to join our leadership team. The candidate for this role must operate with the highest of ethical purchasing standards, be a cultural fit, take ownership and accountability for their scope of control and subscribe to a Servant Leader philosophy. Kimble Company is a vertically integrated privately held entity with multiple locations in Eastern OH. We continually invest in technology, equipment, systems, and people to ensure we maintain our position as a leader in our industries.
- Procurement and management of personnel involved in the purchasing consumables, equipment and parts as well as outsourcing activities.
- Collaborates with various departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Manages the day-to-day negotiation with vendors ensuring the company is buying at the best value based on market conditions.
- Oversight of the maintenance inventory system
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the various company sites and availability from vendors on a “just in time” basis.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to reduce downtime and optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Manage inventory to minimize product obsolescence through inventory reviews and re-balancing efforts.
- Proactively develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Optimize operational resources while executing cost reductions and inventory controls.
- Conduct monthly capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated
- Negotiates prices for raw materials and delivery with suppliers, and vendors.
- Reviews and recommends software solutions to improve overall inventory management.
- Participates as an advisory member of the business development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Reviews all purchasing contracts in collaboration with legal counsel to ensure the company’s best interests are protected with all transactions and agreements.
- Hires and trains departmental staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated performance in reducing overall cost of material resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of previous repair and mechanical equipment buying and supplier management experience associated with trucking and/or heavy equipment industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, supply chain management or related field preferred.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
- Familiarity and use of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and warehouse management systems (WMS).
We offer medical and prescription coverage, vision, dental, 401K retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, paid vacation time, paid personal time, and paid holidays.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY! Apply online at [email protected] today!
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, marital, military/veteran status or genetic information or any other status protected by law.